Just one more week until Christmas but two more Orford Country Markets where you will find locally produced food for your festive celebrations and lots of crafts which make ideal Christmas presents.
Remember that fresh food and vegetables can be ordered this weekend (17th) for collection at the market on FRIDAY 23rd. There will be no market on Saturday 24th and the first market in 2012 will be Saturday 14th.
On the food tables this weekend we have:
Roasting pork loin joints, chipolatas, sausages and sausagemeat.STOP PRESS
- Sorry but have just had the butcher on the phone, he can't get the meat back to me before Saturday even if I go and pick it up so I will not be able to bring anything this weekend. Mum will take orders from people for next week. A pig escaped from the slaughter house and trading standards shut it down for a day to investigate and they still haven't found it! IT'S NOT ONE OF MINE regards Teresa
- On FRIDAY 23rd there will be streaky and back bacon and gammon joints which can be ordered this weekend (17th).
- Locally grown fresh vegetables subject to prevailing weather conditions but hopefully new season Parsnips for the Christmas weekend.
- Traditional Christmas Cakes and Puddings
- All butter Mince Pies, Fairy Cakes and Fruit Cakes.
- Suffolk Rusks, more Mince Pies, Cheese Straws and Cheesey Bites.
- Fruit tarts crammed with Bramley apples, blackberries, loganberries and raspberries. A real taste of summer for the Christmas period
- Gift wrapped stacks of preserves. Ideal for Christmas gifts
- Jams and marmalades.
- Seasonal truffles (with plums in brandy, blackcurrant and a shot of cassis, spiced Aspall's Cyder, honey and hazelnut, raspberry and a shot of fruit vodka). Great stocking fillers
- Honey truffles, and honey and sea-salt caramels. To treat yourself or as a Christmas gift
On the craft tables:
- A selection of bright cushions with removable duck feather pads and lavender bags filled with highly fragranced French lavender. Perfect last minute Christmas gifts or something to freshen up your home
- Luxurious Wensleydale woollies and felted jewellery. For that special someone at Christmas
- Blank greetings cards and envelopes with original photographs on the theme of Glimpses of Suffolk and Suffolk Wildlife.
- Hand made jewellery.
- Local scene photos and cards, paintings and etchings.
On the plant tables:
- Planted arrangements in pots and baskets. Very suitable for Christmas gifts
- Variegated and evergreen garden plants for a splash of winter colour.
- Pots of outdoor spring bulbs about to bloom.
We look forward to seeing you at the market